Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Skilled advocacy for victims of motorcycle crashes throughout North Carolina
Motorcycles can be exhilarating vehicles to operate, but the reality is that they also present significant risks to riders. The freedom of riding a bike is also the factor that makes them unsafe – the lack of a frame and protection around the motorcycle itself. When other motorists act carelessly around motorcyclists, it can lead to tragic or catastrophic accidents.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our team is here to help when you need a skilled motorcycle accident attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex personal injury cases here in Charlotte and throughout the state. We have a wide network of professional resources available to launch a thorough investigation into your accident, allowing us to assign liability and work to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
What would you like to know?
How often do Charlotte motorcycle accidents happen?
Accidents involving motorcyclists often result in devastating injuries for those involved. According to 2020 data from the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NC DOT), we can see that there were 3,409 total motorcycle crashes reported across the state. Out of these incidents, there were 182 fatalities and 2,684 injuries. Crashes hit their high in June, with 425 accidents, but more fatalities occurred in May, with twenty-six lives lost in motorcycle wrecks.
Here in Mecklenburg County, 2020 saw 231 total motorcycle accidents, with 13 fatalities.
What are some common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Accidents involving motorcyclists in and around the Charlotte area occur in a wide variety of ways, often due to the negligence of other drivers. Some of the main causes of these crashes include the following:
- Failing to yield right-of-way. Whether a driver doesn’t see a motorcycle or simply fails to follow traffic signals, failure to yield is a common cause of collisions.
- Left-hand turns. Another cause of accidents is making left turns, either the bike or another vehicle. A driver may fail to see a motorcyclist’s turn signal or turn left in front of a bike; either action can cause a crash.
- Speeding and reckless driving. Driving at high speeds increases the likelihood of an accident. Speeding and aggressive driving can turn a minor crash into a catastrophic one, as high-speed collisions cause much more damage to motorcyclists, who can be thrown from their bikes.
- Hazardous road conditions. Dangerous road conditions – like potholes, loose gravel, and debris – can cause a motorcyclist to lose control of his/her bike. Because motorcycles are smaller and less stable than passenger vehicles, they have less ability to handle unsafe roads and highways.
- Impaired driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is dangerous for anyone on the road, but even more hazardous for motorcyclists. Again, the lack of protection for riders can make any collision severe, but impaired drivers may not even notice a motorcyclist on the road, which is a recipe for disaster.
Injuries from motorcycle accidents can be grave, and the attorneys at Price, Petho & Associates work to show the true extent of your losses and how they’re affecting your life.
What injuries do motorcycle accidents cause?
Even when motorcyclists are wearing helmets and other protective gear, they have very little protection from the force of another vehicle slamming into them. Our Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Road rash
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Wrongful death
We understand that severe injuries can take a huge toll on your life. Even putting the physical pain and emotional trauma aside, the financial burdens of a serious injury can change everything, including your ability to make a living. Our attorneys work to ensure the right people are held accountable for their actions.
Who is liable for my Charlotte motorcycle accident?
Liable parties for your injuries depend on the cause of your accident. For example, if a negligent motorist caused the crash, he/she would hold liability for your injuries and losses. However, other liable parties could include:
- Government or municipalities if unsafe road conditions caused your accident.
- Vehicle manufacturers if a defective part resulted in an accident.
- Trucking companies, if a truck accident caused your injuries.
The legal team at Price, Petho & Associates works to show how all liable parties contributed to your accident and injuries, and then holds them responsible.
What is the value of my motorcycle accident claim?
Since 1979, we’ve been handling personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from motorcycle crashes — and getting results in verdicts and settlements. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have a successful track record of helping people overcome the tactics used by insurance companies to get the compensation they need and deserve, including:
- Full coverage of your medical bills, current and future
- Lost income and future earning ability if you can’t work due to your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Potential punitive damages, in cases of gross negligence
The exact amount of compensation to which you may be entitled depends on the specific circumstances of your accident – including the degree of negligence on the part of the responsible party, the severity of your injuries, and how they will affect your daily life and future.
Is there a motorcycle accident attorney near me?
You can find Price, Petho & Associates at 1420 Elizabeth Ave in Charlotte. We also maintain offices in Rockingham and Rutherfordton for your convenience. If you are too injured to come to us, we make home and hospital visits as well.
Dependable Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyers
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another, reach out to the team at Price, Petho & Associates as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex motorcycle accident claims in and around the Charlotte area, and we know what it takes to help you secure full compensation for your losses. This can include coverage of your medical bills, property damage expenses, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Charlotte motorcycle accident attorney, you can count on us. To schedule a free consultation, call 704-372-2160 or fill out our contact form today. Serving Charlotte, Rockingham, Rutherfordton, North Carolina, and South Carolina.