Charlotte Personal Injury Attorneys
Trusted counsel for injury victims and families in and around Mecklenburg County
One of the hardest parts of dealing with a serious personal injury is the uncertainty it can cause. Who will provide for the family? How will you pay the bills? What happens next?
When you need answers to those questions – and more – the Charlotte personal injury attorneys of Price, Petho & Associates, PLLC are here to answer the call. We believe in helping our clients find their way forward to a better, brighter future. With hundreds of cases tried in front of a jury, and hundreds of millions of dollars secured for our clients, we know what it takes to strategically obtain the best possible outcome. Contact us in Charlotte today to get started on your case.
What would you like to know?
What kinds of personal injury cases do you handle?
Price, Petho & Associates represents catastrophic injury clients and their families in lawsuits against negligent parties. Our team has extensive experience with cases involving some of the most life-altering injuries there are, including:
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can have catastrophic, permanent repercussions. Our firm understands the devastating impact these types of injuries can have on you and your family and are dedicated to working hard to recover the compensation you deserve.
- Brain injuries. The full impact of sustaining a brain injury often doesn’t happen at the moment of impact but gradually over time. Our firm is experienced in handling these types of cases and understands the toll traumatic brain injuries can take on you and your family. We are committed to fighting for your best interests.
- Burn injuries. Whether your burn injury is a chemical burn, an electrical burn, or a burn caused by fire or scalding, our firm is prepared to fight for you. Let our team of qualified attorneys fight for the compensation you deserve while you focus on what is most important – recovering from your injuries.
- Amputation injuries. The loss of a limb or body part is one of the most catastrophic injuries a person can sustain. Depending on the circumstances, you may need to be fitted for prosthetics, undergo extensive therapy, and relearn basic motor skills. Many people suffer additional mental trauma because of the scarring and disfigurement. We can help.
- Wrongful death. Anytime somebody loses their life due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of another person or entity, the family member or personal representative of the deceased may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit in order to recover compensation. These cases can become immensely complicated, but family members deserve to have some sort of compensation and closure for their losses. Wrongful death claims arise in various ways, including vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, defective product incidents, and more.
If you suffered a catastrophic injury in the course of your job duties, you should be entitled to workers’ compensation. Our Charlotte personal injury lawyers can advise you about your options.
Can you help me with my Charlotte vehicle accident claim?
Price, Petho & Associates is the go-to firm for Charlotte vehicle accidents. We have decades of experience helping injury victims and their families after a wreck changes their lives forever. We have helped hundreds of clients obtain compensation in cases of:
Car accidents occur at alarming rates throughout the state of North Carolina. These incidents can involve one vehicle or multiple vehicles, as well as pedestrians, bicyclists, and others. They happen in our work zones and in parking lots, at intersections and while we leave our driveways. Whether your Charlotte car accident was the result of a drunk driver, a distracted driver, a defective part or poor road design, we can help. We also handle claims involving Uber and Lyft vehicles.
Accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks can be devastating for those inside traditional passenger vehicles. Often, these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of truck drivers or trucking companies. From underride crashes and rollovers, to defective tires or poor company policies, we handle all manner of tractor-trailer and delivery vehicle crashes – and we are not afraid to stand up to well-funded trucking companies in the process.
The call of the open road can be strong, especially in a scenic state like North Carolina. But motorcycle riders and their passengers face risks that drivers do not. They lack the physical protections afforded to those in cars and big-rigs, and often suffer catastrophic injuries as a result. If you or your loved one sustained a life-altering injury in a motorcycle crash, call us. We want to help.
Recreational vehicle accidents
Not all vehicle accidents happen on public roads. You can sustain severe injuries while riding in an ATV, taking the boat out for a day on the lake, using a golf cart, or while riding a dirt bike through trails. Price, Petho & Associates can help if you suffered an injury or loss.
Common carrier accidents
Buses, trains, taxis, and planes are all common carriers. That means they owe you a duty of care when you are traveling within them. When they fail in this duty, you have legal options. If you suffered harm while using mass transit, during a sightseeing tour, while commuting to work, or while traveling for fun, we are ready to help.
Do you take cases involving unsafe properties in Charlotte?
Property owners and operators owe their visitors a duty of care. Not only does this include eliminating slip and fall accident hazards, but also every other part of the premises where people could pass through. When you are hurt on an unsafe property, you want the Charlotte premises liability attorneys of Price, Petho & Associates on your side. We have represented injury victims in a wide array of claims stemming from:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Accidental poisonings
- Defective displays
- Faulty stairs, elevators, and escalators
- Inadequate building security
- Swimming pool accidents
Whether you are injured in a store or at an amusement park, at a hotel or in a neighbor’s yard, we provide competent, experience guidance at every step.
Can you help if I was hurt by a defective product?
Product manufacturers, companies, distributors, and third-party sellers have the duty to ensure that any product sold to consumers is safe. Unfortunately, there are times when defective products make it to the market. This can include products with defective designs, products damaged during the manufacturing process, and products that have misleading or inaccurate labels.
Price, Petho & Associates handles product liability claims arising from vehicle defects, dangerous drugs and devices, and faulty household items. If your seatbelt failed, we can help. If a tractor-trailer’s defective tire caused a crash led to your injuries, we can help. If you sustained injuries in a fire caused by a defective household item, we can help.
What kinds of Charlotte medical malpractice cases do you take?
Price, Petho & Associates takes on catastrophic medical malpractice claims. We purposely limit the cases we take because medical negligence are complicated, complex lawsuits which often involve multiple liable parties, and it is important to use that we are able to put the full force of our firm behind every case we take. We represent clients in Charlotte in claims involving:
If a medical professional’s negligence caused permanent or life-altering injuries, or led to the death of your loved one, contact us in Charlotte today so we can get started on your claim.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Charlotte?
The North Carolina personal injury statute of limitations is three years from the day the injury occurs. If an injury victim fails to file a lawsuit within this three-year timeframe, they will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation for their losses.
This statutory time limit does not include any deadlines put in place by insurance carriers involved in the case. Typically, insurance carriers require that injuries be reported very soon after the incident occurs, or victims may face delays or claim denials.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may qualify for an extension to the statute of limitations. An attorney from our firm can let you know how the statute of limitations can affect your case.
How much is my Charlotte personal injury case worth?
Every case is different, and the compensation you are entitled to receive will depend on the unique circumstances of your case and your injuries. However, when you file a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina, you can seek three types of damages: economic, non-economic and punitive.
The first two are called “compensatory damages” since their main purpose is the compensate the injured party for their losses associated with suffering an injury. Economic damages, as the name suggests, compensate the injured party for financial losses related to their injuries, such as:
- Complete coverage for medical bills and expenses, including costs for rehabilitation, therapies, prosthesis, hospital says, and more
- Coverage for any lost and loss of earning potential
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate for more intangible losses, such as pain and suffering and mental anguish. In North Carolina, you can also seek damages for loss of quality of life.
Punitive damages differ from the first two in that their main purpose is to punish the negligent party. As such, punitive damages can be quite severe and are not often awarded.
Our Charlotte personal injury attorneys work diligently with economic, medical, and financial experts to properly calculate the total expected losses for each client.
Do you have a personal injury attorney near me?
Price, Petho & Associates maintains an office in at 1420 Elizabeth Ave in Charlotte. We’re the “big yellow house on the corner.” We also maintain offices in Rockingham and Rutherfordton, for your convenience. If you are too injured to come to us, we make home and hospital visits.
Work with an experienced Charlotte personal injury lawyer
Price, Petho & Associates has been the firm you’ve known and trusted since 1979. When you are hurt, we want to help. Put our decades of experience to work for you. Please call 704-372-2160 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation. Serving Charlotte, Rockingham, Rutherfordton, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Are School Buses Actually Safer Than Cars?
- Complications From Broken Bone Injuries
- What Kind of Evidence Is Used in a Personal Injury Case?
- Why You Never Want to "DIY" Your Own Injury Case
- What is the Role of an Expert Witness in a Personal Injury Case?
- What Does It Mean to "Settle" an Injury Case?
- The Long-Term Effects of 3 Common Childhood Injuries
- What Should I Bring to My First Meeting With a Charlotte Personal Injury Attorney?
- SCOTUS Rules State Can Seek Recovery of Future Medical Expenses from Injury Settlements
- Carowinds In Hot Water After Ride Inspector Severs Hand
- Who Knew: Hospitals Can File A Lien On You?
- Rule 414: Evidence of Medical Expenses "Paid Versus Incurred"