Injured in a Car Crash? Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. Can Help You Obtain Compensation.
If you have been involved in a car accident, especially where there was substantial damage, it’s important to secure the services of an experienced attorney who can help you obtain compensation. At the law firm of Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., you will find a team of attorneys dedicated to helping car crash victims in Charlotte.
Our Charlotte car accident lawyers are relentless about getting results for our clients and have a track record for helping them obtain satisfactory outcomes.
At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. we handle all forms of accident claims, including:
- Intersection accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit & run accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Defective roadways
- Negligent freeway designs
- Multiple car accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Bicyclist hit by car accidents
- Deer-car accidents
- Car Insurance
- Accidents caused by road quality
We understand that an injury claim is unique to its specific circumstances, and we ensure that you get the tailored strategy that your car accident case requires.
How to Obtain Compensation for Damages
The team at Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. is committed to putting forth every effort to pursue fair compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and all other costs. We are unique in that we have a skilled investigator on staff to assist with this process. This allows our car accident attorneys in Charlotte to gather all of the facts that will be needed to build a strong case.
Details that can help the outcome of a car accident case include:
- Proving the existence of injuries with medical records and examinations
- Showing the other driver’s liability as much as possible
- Producing evidence of the event, such as photographs, medical examinations, and anything else that could prove the other person’s fault
Again, each accident is unique, and proving liability in a claim can be incredibly difficult. With the help of an experienced legal team, you can rest assured that everything is being done to ensure that you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
North Carolina Car Accident Laws
If you were seriously injured in an accident and are looking to file an injury claim, it’s important that you understand a little about North Carolina’s car accident laws.
- Statute of Limitations: In North Carolina, you have three years to file a claim if you sustain injury or property damage caused by a car accident.
- Wrongful Death Claims: If the car accident resulted in someone’s death, there is a two-year deadline to file a wrongful death claim.
- Contributory Negligence Rule: In North Carolina, you are not allowed to recover compensation if you share any fault for the accident. This doctrine is known as “contributory negligence.”
- Liability Car Insurance Minimums: North Carolina drivers must be insured for $30,000 for bodily injury liability for an accident they cause and $60,000 for an accident they cause involving two or more injured people. North Carolina drivers also have to be insured for $25,000 for property damage.
As you can see, time is not on your side. It is in your best interest to contact legal representation as soon after your accident as possible. This will ensure that your attorney has time to construct the best possible case strategy, as well as, ensure that all necessary evidence and testimonials are gathered and documented.
North Carolina Car Accident Statistics
Unfortunately, driving is a risky activity, and statistically, an accident isn’t a matter of “if” but “when.” If you’re lucky, you will only be involved in crashes the result in minimal vehicle damage and no injuries.
When we turn to data available from the North Carolina Department of Transportation, we can go directly to the latest reporting year to see some alarming statistics. Overall, there were more than 285,000 total vehicle collisions reported across the state during the latest year of data we have available. Out of these incidents:
- 1,470 people lost their lives
- 125,232 people were injured
However, we want to look more closely at the numbers specifically related to the Charlotte area. According to the NCDOT, there were 35,341 total vehicle collisions in the Charlotte area alone during the latest year of data we have available. Out of these incidents:
- 85 people lost their lives
- 17,857 People were injured
There were also 883 total collisions involving alcohol-impaired drivers, which led to 27 fatalities and 761 injuries. Alcohol-impaired driving is a leading cause of traffic fatalities, along with driving too fast for conditions.
As you can see, motor vehicle accidents happen often and frequently involve injuries. If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident in the Charlotte area, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced team of accident attorneys.
We Help Our Clients Repair Their Lives
When our firm takes a case, we look at the various ways to pursue compensation. In most cases, the obvious choice is by going after the negligent driver’s insurance company. However, our Charlotte car accident lawyers also know that many unique situations can arise that can help us bring your case to the maximum possible value. As an additional service, we are prepared to help deal with damage to your vehicle, helping you obtain a rental car, and more.
People love working with our North Carolina law firm because:
- We have recovered $200+ million in damages for clients.
- We have handled 1,000+ cases in courtroom trials.
- We have been representing clients since 1979.
- We make ourselves available 24/7/365 for client convenience.
Since our establishment in 1979, we have developed a strong record of success with helping car wreck victims in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina. Recently, we have obtained as much as $9 million in settlements for motor vehicle accident cases. Our team can help you.