Rutherfordton Car Accident Lawyers
Trusted advocates for people injured in car crashes in North Carolina
Car accidents are all too common on U.S. Route 221, North Carolina Highway 108, and other roads in and around the Rutherfordton area. Many vehicle accidents cause catastrophic, permanent, or serious injuries. For some victims, their lives are never the same as before the accident. Most victims of severe car accidents require long-term medical care. Survivors and the families of anyone who dies in an accident deserve the strongest verdicts and settlements possible.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our team is ready to help if you need a car accident attorney in Rutherfordton. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate your claim and help secure the compensation you deserve. We work with your doctors to completely understand your injuries, your medical needs, and all the ways your life is more difficult and more painful because of a car accident. Our record of successful jury verdicts and settlements is based on our dedication to our clients, our thorough preparation of your case, and our persuasive abilities.
How can we help?
- What types of car accidents do you handle in Rutherfordton?
- Why do car accidents happen?
- What are common injuries from Rutherfordton car accidents?
- Who is liable for a Rutherfordton car accident?
- How much is my car accident claim worth?
- When should I file my claim?
- Do you have a car accident lawyer near me?
At Price, Petho & Associates, our personal injury lawyers represent anyone hurt in any type of car accident. We’re skilled at showing how the accident happened, and who is responsible. The most common car accidents we handle include:
- Head-on crashes. These car accidents are often deadly. They’re often due to driver intoxication and driver distraction.
- Broadside (T-bone) crashes. Here the front of one car strikes the side of another car.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents are caused by speeding drivers and distracted drivers. The driver of the car in the rear is almost always liable. Whiplash and other soft-tissue injuries are common.
- Single-car accidents. The passengers have the right to file a claim against a careless driver.
- Multi-car accidents. These crashes often involve chain reaction accidents. Our Rutherfordton lawyers are skilled at showing the chain of events and determining who is responsible for your injuries.
- Fatal car accidents. If a loved one dies in a crash, or as a result of injuries sustained in a car accident, we can help you file a wrongful death claim to hold the negligent driver accountable.
We also represent victims and families when accidents are caused by defective car parts, poor design of the roads, faulty road maintenance, serving liquor to people who later cause accidents, merging accidents, sideswipes, and other types of accidents.
We work with investigators, examine all the physical evidence including the car damage, and thoroughly question everyone involved in the accident – to show how the accident occurred, and why the defendants are liable.
Some of the many reasons car accidents happen in Rutherfordton include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while distracted (texting, talking, eating, grooming, and other activities)
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions
- Driving too fast when it is foggy, raining, too sunny, or snowing
- Driving fatigue
- Driver inexperience
- Defective car parts
- Many other reasons depending on how the accident happened
We work with investigators, traffic reconstruction experts, and product safety experts when necessary.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our Rutherfordton vehicle accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries because of these incidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries including paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Muscle, nerve, tissue, and ligament damage
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Severe back, shoulder, and neck injuries
- Severe sprains and strains
- Significant contusions
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
Additionally, we also help clients who have sustained significant emotional and psychological trauma as a result of the initial crash and their subsequent injuries.
Did you know?
According to data available from the North Carolina Department of Transportation for 2020, there were more than 247,000 total vehicle crashes across the state. Out of these incidents, 1,523 accidents caused fatalities and more than 69,000 accidents caused injuries. DOT data shows that 26 people died in 2020 in Rutherford County in car accidents.
In most cases, just the driver is liable for injuries. Our lawyers do file claims against one or more of the following defendants, in addition to the driver, when these defendants also cause or contribute to an accident:
- The owners of the vehicle. For example, if a teenager causes an accident, we file a claim against the parents if the parents own the car.
- A manufacturer of defective car parts.
- A state entity or agency responsible for road design and maintenance such as the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
- A tavern or seller of alcohol if liquor was sold to a minor who then causes a car accident in Rutherfordton.
Other defendants may be liable too. For example, when multi-car accidents happen, there are often multiple plaintiffs and multiple defendants.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our team has the resources necessary to prove liability in the aftermath of these cases. We work diligently to uncover any evidence that will help your case, including the following:
- Photographs that were taken at the scene of the crash
- Surveillance footage from cameras on nearby homes or businesses
- Statements from eyewitnesses to the crash
- Vehicle “black box” data
- Mobile device data
- Accident reports and police reports
Our Rutherfordton car accident lawyers seek current and lifetime compensation for:
- Medical bills caused by the accident
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage losses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
Additionally, our attorneys work closely with trusted medical and economic professionals who can conduct a complete evaluation of our client, ensure the client is on the path to recovery, and help calculate the total expected losses.
North Carolina has a three-year statute of limitations for car accident cases. Families only have 2 years to file a wrongful death claim.
Victims and the families of loved ones should contact us immediately. Delay can hurt your claim because evidence (such as damage to cars) may be lost or repaired, the memories of witnesses can fade, and insurance companies generally require prompt notice of car accident claims.
Our Rutherfordton car accident lawyers meet clients at 224 N Main St. Rutherfordton, NC. We also have Charlotte and Rockingham locations. We meet you at your home or a healthcare facility when necessary.
Call our Rutherfordton car accident lawyer today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver, contact the team at Price, Petho & Associates for help today. Our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling vehicle accident claims throughout North Carolina. We understand what it takes to obtain maximum compensation for your losses.