Rutherfordton Premises Liability Lawyers
Fighting for people injured on unsafe properties in North Carolina
Anytime you or your loved ones go onto the property of a business, organization, or person - you expect to be safe. Your goal is to shop for goods, obtain services, or participate in a social activity. Your goal is not to be on the lookout for dangerous conditions. All property owners in Rutherfordton have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe for guests, visitors, and employees. Property owners must place your safety before their profits.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our dedicated team is here to help when you need a Rutherfordton premises liability attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex injury cases throughout this area, and we know what it takes to help secure maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. We work to show a property owner was negligent, and that you suffered severe injuries because of their negligence.
How can we help?
- What types of premises liability cases do your lawyers handle?
- What types of injuries are common in premises liability claims?
- Which defendants are liable for a premises liability claim in Rutherfordton?
- What are some of the unique challenges in premises liability cases?
- What damages can I seek in a Rutherfordton premises liability claim?
- How much time do I have to file a premises liability claim in Rutherfordton?
- Do you have a premises liability lawyer near me?
What types of premises liability cases do your lawyers handle?
At Price, Petho & Associates, our premises liability attorneys regularly help Rutherfordton clients who have sustained injuries due to the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Improperly inspected and maintained premises
- Negligent or inadequate security
- Swimming pool or hot tub injuries
- Stairway, elevator, or escalator accidents
- Dog or animal bites
- Amusement park accidents
- Fire or explosion incidents
- Toxic fumes or chemical exposure
- Physical assaults on the premises
What types of injuries are common in premises liability claims?
Due to the wide range of ways that premises liability cases arise, injuries resulting from these incidents also vary widely. Our Rutherfordton personal injury attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Other severe head, neck, or back injuries
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Internal illnesses caused by exposure to chemicals or toxins
- Respiratory tract injuries caused by chemical inhalation
- Burn injuries
We review with your doctors what injuries you have, what medical help you need, and how your injuries affect your ability to function and enjoy life.
Which defendants are liable for a premises liability claim in Rutherfordton?
At Price, Petho & Associates we work with investigators, question everyone with knowledge about your accident, and review any relevant records such as notices of prior complaints or building code violations.
We file claims against all responsible defendants including:
- The owner of the premises – and any parent companies. Owners may include:
- For-profit businesses including retail stores, hotels, restaurants, apartments, gas stations, professional offices, and any place that sells goods or provides a service.
- Construction sites which should be enclosed to protect pedestrians.
- Homeowners who fail to keep their sidewalks in good condition.
- A tenant of the property owner
- A maintenance company who was hired to regularly inspect the property
- A repair company
Our Rutherfordton premises liability lawyers are skilled at showing that a property owner knew, or should have known, of a dangerous condition such as slippery floors, torn carpets, wet entranceways, objects on the floor, loose railings, broken escalators, and other dangers.
Property owners may be liable for your accident if they know of a dangerous condition and fail to post a clear warning about the dangerous condition or fail to fix the dangerous condition.
What are some of the unique challenges in premises liability cases?
There are a few critical considerations in premises liability cases:
- The attractive nuisance doctrine. Property owners may owe a duty to children who trespass on their property if there is an item like a swimming pool or trampoline that might attract children – even if there are warning signs to stay off the property. Rutherfordton property owners need to be more proactive when they have attractive items. They should install fences and alarms. They should also install lights and use other safety measures to protect children from harm.
- Contributory negligence. Most states say that victims can be awarded damages – provided they are less at fault than the defendant. North Carolina’s contributory negligence law is much stricter. Even if you are 1% at fault and the defendant is 99% at fault, you are not entitled to damages.
- Negligent security. Some property owners, such as those who handle money or have prior notice of assaults on their property, need to take steps to protect people who are rightfully on their property. These steps include video cameras, regular cameras, lights, locks, and other safety measures.
Generally, except for attractive nuisance cases, property owners are not liable to trespassers.
What damages can I seek in a Rutherfordton premises liability claim?
At Price, Petho and Associates, we are skilled at paying attention to all the small details that add up to large awards. We demand compensation from liable defendants for all your damages including:
- Medical bills – current and future
- Lost income – current and future including compensation if you have a permanent disability
- Pain and suffering – every day you hurt
- Any scarring or disfigurement such as burns or amputation injuries
- Loss of function of any body part
- Loss of life’s pleasure
- Loss of consortium
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
In some cases, such as when a property owner knew of a dangerous condition and failed to respond, we may seek punitive damages.
Our Rutherford premises liability lawyers also file wrongful death claims if a loved died due to the negligence of a property owner.
How much time do I have to file a premises liability claim in Rutherfordton?
Any person injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner needs to know that he or she has a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in these cases. The North Carolina personal injury statute of limitations is three years from the date an injury occurs. If an injury victim fails to file a lawsuit within this three-year window, he/she will lose the ability to hold the alleged negligent party responsible for what happened. The statute of limitations for a wrongful death claim is just two years.
Don’t wait. There are many reasons why you should see our skilled trial lawyers as soon as possible. We’ll place the insurance companies on notice of your claim, investigate how the accident happened, speak with your doctors, and answer all your questions – promptly.
Do you have a premises liability lawyer near me?
We meet clients at our Rutherfordton office located at 224 N Main St. Rutherfordton, NC. Price, Petho & Associates also have offices in Charlotte and Rockingham. We meet clients at their homes or a healthcare facility when necessary.
Call a Rutherfordton premises liability attorney today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the negligent or careless actions of a property owner, seek legal assistance from Price, Petho & Associates now. Our team has extensive experience helping Rutherfordton-area residents secure compensation for complex personal injury claims. Our lawyers have an impressive record of jury verdicts and negotiated settlements.
Get help now. Call us at 704-372-2160 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We handle premises liability claims on a contingency fee basis.