Rockingham Car Accident Lawyers
Tough representation for drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicycle riders
Every driver on the road has an obligation to practice safe driving habits, obey state and federal traffic laws, and avoid any behaviors that can lead to a car accident. When drivers participate in negligent behaviors and drive carelessly, serious injuries or fatalities are often the result. Victims who survive car collisions often discover that their lives are irrevocably changed by the physical and financial reality of their injuries. These survivors often require expensive medical treatments and even lifelong professional care. Families of beloved relatives who die in a preventable car accident deserve the maximum compensation North Carolina law permits.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it’s important to safeguard your future by retaining the services of an experienced and compassionate lawyer. At Price, Petho & Associates, our car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping injury victims across the state of North Carolina. Our trial-tested legal team negotiates and litigates relentlessly on behalf of our clients. We recognize that a successful lawsuit can provide you with the compensation you deserve to recover and move forward.
How can we help?
- How deadly are car accidents in North Carolina?
- What are the common types of car accidents in Rockingham?
- What causes Rockingham car accidents?
- Who is liable for a Rockingham car accident?
- How much is my car accident claim worth?
- What steps should I take after a car accident?
- When should I file my claim?
- Do you have a car accident lawyer near me?
How deadly are car accidents in North Carolina?
The North Carolina Department of Transportation states that in 2019, close to 1,500 people were killed; 15 fatalities occurred in Rockingham. About 1,000 people were not wearing a seat belt at the time of the fatal accident. More than one-fourth of all fatalities were due to speeding. Other leading causes of fatalities and injuries were lane departures and distracted driving.
What are the common types of car accidents in Rockingham?
While every car accident is unique, most car crashes fall into one of the following categories:
- Head-on collisions. These accidents are often caused by a drunk driver, a driver who misses a turn, or distracted drivers. Head-on collisions are some of the deadliest collisions, often leading to life-altering injuries or fatalities.
- Broadsides/T-bone crashes. These accidents often occur at intersections. The people most at risk of serious injuries are the people whose car is struck in the side.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents cause whiplash and other soft tissue injuries.
- Multi-vehicle accidents. These crashes are often due to chain-reaction collisions or efforts to avoid another collision.
- Single-car accidents. These accidents usually involve a drunk, distracted, or a speeding driver who crashes into a traffic device, a road obstacle, or veers off the road.
Other types of car accidents include accidents due to defective car parts, poor road design, and poor road maintenance. Price, Petho & Associates also handles car accidents involving commercial trucks, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicycles.
What causes Rockingham car accidents?
Most car accidents in Rockingham are due to driver negligence. Drivers must always make the safety of their passengers and others on the roadway a priority. Some of the leading causes of car accidents in North Carolina include:
- Driver distraction
- Driver fatigue
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Teenage drivers who lack experience
- Violations of the North Carolina state traffic laws
Our lawyers are skilled at determining how your accident happened, and who is responsible for your injuries or the death of a loved one.
Who is liable for a Rockingham car accident?
In many car accident cases, only the driver is liable. There are also many times when other people or companies are liable. Our seasoned vehicle accident lawyers file claims against all responsible defendants including:
- The driver
- The owners of the vehicle that caused the crash if the owners and drivers are different
- A manufacturer of defective auto parts
- The North Carolina Department of Transportation or other state agencies
- Other responsible defendants
In North Carolina, “an aggrieved party has a claim for relief for damages against a permittee or local Alcoholic Beverage Control Board if” the liquor was sold or furnished to a minor and the minor then causes the accident, which is the proximate cause of your injuries or the death of a loved one.
How much is my car accident claim worth?
We demand all the compensation you deserve. In every case, a large verdict or settlement is the sum of a lot of small details. We work with you, your family, your employers, and your doctors to document all your financial losses and all your personal losses. Injured car accident victims in Rockingham can claim compensation for all your:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Inability to function
We also demand wrongful death damages when a fatal car accident occurs.
What steps should I take after an accident?
The success of your personal injury case depends on quite a few factors. If you’re interested in pursuing compensation, the most important step you can take is to visit a doctor immediately after the accident. Not only does this protect your health, but it also safeguards your claim by proving to the court that you sought appropriate medical attention. Your official medical report can also verify that your injuries are related to the collision.
After an accident, it’s important that you take the following steps:
- Don’t apologize for the accident to anyone.
- Keep a list of witness names and phone numbers.
- Take pictures of any damaged vehicles, the accident scene, and your injuries.
- Seek prompt medical care.
- Make a record of your medical expenses and other accident-related financial losses.
- Don’t post about your accident on social media.
You should never negotiate or speak with the insurance company for the person who caused your injuries. Contact a lawyer who can explain your legal options and protect you from the defendant’s insurance company. At Price, Petho & Associates, we are committed to guiding injury victims through this complex legal process. Our singular priority is helping clients secure compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, and any other applicable damages.
Our firm has a skilled investigator on staff who helps gather evidence that proves the defendant’s negligence and liability. We conduct extensive discovery, including oral and written questions, of everyone who has knowledge of the accident.
When should I file my car accident claim?
In North Carolina, car accident victims must file their claim within three years from the date of the accident. Families only have two years to file a wrongful death claim. Don’t wait. Contact us immediately. Delay can hurt your case. Our lawyers need to work fast to investigate the accident site. You need medical help now. Our lawyers will explain what insurance coverages will pay regardless of fault – and when you can prove fault.
Do you have a car accident lawyer near me?
Our Rockingham office is conveniently located at 801 E Broad Ave, #17 in Rockingham, NC. We also have offices in Charlotte and Rutherfordton. We meet clients at their homes or in a hospital when necessary.
Discuss your legal options by scheduling a free consultation
Hiring an experienced lawyer is the best way to secure a positive case outcome that awards sufficient damages. During your consultation, we will listen to your story, explain your legal options, and develop a litigation strategy that reflects your financial and legal goals. Our team can also protect you from any insurance companies that may try to sabotage your claim or pressure you into accepting an insufficient settlement amount.
Call Price, Petho & Associates at 704-372-2160 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We have been fighting for personal injury victims in Rockingham and North Carolina since 1979.