Rockingham Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Experienced premises liability lawyers representing the injured in North Carolina
The last thing people expect when they go on to someone else’s property is that they will slip and fall and injure themselves. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a property owner or homeowner allow for hazardous situations to arise, leading to slip and fall incidents.
At Price, Petho & Associates, our dedicated team fights for shoppers, visitors, and neighbors when property owners fail to protect them. It’s not hard. Property owners should routinely inspect their property – inside and outside. If there’s a danger – either fix it or warn people there’s a dangerous condition. Our Rockingham premises liability lawyers are dedicated to holding property owners liable when they place their profit before your safety. We have the resources necessary to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and property owners. We are skilled at showing owners were negligent. We fight to obtain all the compensation you deserve.
How can we help?
- What are the most common Rockingham slip and fall injuries?
- Why do slip and fall accidents happen in Rockingham?
- What steps should you take after a slip and fall in Rockingham?
- How do your Rockingham injury lawyers prove negligence?
- Who is liable for a slip and fall accident in Rockingham?
- How much is my Rockingham slip and fall injury claim worth?
- When should I file my slip and fall accident claim?
- Do you have a slip and fall accident lawyer near me?
Slip and fall accident injuries can result in significant setbacks for victims. It is not uncommon for individuals in these circumstances to sustain the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries and head trauma
- Multiple, compound, and simple fractures
- Spinal cord images and/or paralysis
- Broken arms, wrists, fingers, legs, and hips are common
- Neck, shoulder, and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve, ligament, and muscle damage
- Severe sprains or strains
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Deep bruising or internal bleeding
Many slip and fall victims need treatment at an emergency room. Some may require surgery. All victims need to consult with their family doctors or specialists. Most victims require long-term rehabilitative care with physical therapists and other healthcare professionals.
Slip and fall accidents (and trip and fall accidents) can occur in a wide variety of ways in and around the Rockingham area. At Price, Petho & Associates, our premises liability attorneys have extensive experience handling these claims, and we often determine that these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of a property owner.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Spills of food or drink on the floor that a property owner knew about, or should have known about, and failed to clean up
- Poorly maintained or hazardous stairways, railings, or balconies
- Poorly maintained floor materials, including ripped carpet, loose floorboards, or broken tiles
- Poor lighting in areas where guests frequent, including inside and outside of a building
- Unexpected obstructions in pedestrian walkways, including wires, cords, boxes, etc.
- Merchandise and tools that are left on the floor or placed in locations where they could easily fall
- Wet surfaces such as rain and snow that the property owner had sufficient time to clean
A lot depends on how seriously you are hurt. The top priority of slip and fall victims should be to obtain medical help for their injuries. Victims should always be examined at a local ER center – even if they’re feeling fine.
If possible, you or someone with you should:
- Report the accident to management or directly to the property owner
- Take pictures or videos of the accident site and yourself (with all your bruises, bleeding, and trauma)
- Speak to any witnesses to obtain their contact information
Victims should follow through with their family physician’s advice and the advice of their other healthcare providers. They should keep all their medical documentation.
Victims should not talk about the accident (other than reporting it) with the property owner. They should not speak with the insurance company or the owner. We’ll do the talking for you.
Our Rockingham slip and fall attorneys use numerous strategies to show how the slip and fall accident occurred – and why the defendants should be liable. These strategies include:
- Examining the accident site
- Questioning every witness
- Formally questioning the defendants
- Examining any prior complaints
- Reviewing the repair and maintenance records
- Examining the local building requirements
We work aggressively to show that the property owner actively knew of a dangerous condition and failed to fix the condition or warn users. We also work to show that the property owner should have known of a dangerous condition, such as a spilled coffee or wetness being tracked in from the entranceway after a rainstorm.
Our Rockingham slip and fall lawyers file claims against everyone who caused your accident. Often, people and businesses that you didn’t consider are also liable. We file claims against one or more of the following:
- The property owner
- Any related companies such as parent companies and subsidiaries that may be responsible
- A tenant who had the responsibility to keep the property safe
- Maintenance companies
- Repair companies
- Security companies
Every case is unique. Our Rockingham slip and fall lawyers work to maximize your recovery. While we always prepare your case for trial, we do settle many claims. Damages in personal injury cases include:
- Medical expenses for all doctors, hospitals, therapists, assistive devices, and medications
- Lost income, including wages, lost profits, lost benefits, and compensation for a permanent disability
- Pain and suffering for your aches, trauma, anxieties, and fears
- Loss of consortium because your injuries affect your marital relationship
- Inability to enjoy life, including enjoying your family, friends, hobbies, and personal interests
If a property owner was grossly negligent, he or she may be liable for punitive damages.
We file a wrongful death claim if a loved one tragically died in a slip and fall accident.
It is crucial for individuals harmed in a slip and fall accident in Rockingham to know that they have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in these cases. The North Carolina personal injury statute of limitations is three years from the date an injury occurs. If slip and fall accident victims fail to file a lawsuit within this three-year window, they will lose the ability to recover the compensation they are entitled to receive. The wrongful death statute of limitations is just two years. Insurance companies require that notice of a claim be filed promptly.
Please contact us immediately to ensure timely answers to your questions, that you’re seeing the healthcare providers who can help, and to fully investigate your claim.
Price, Petho & Associates has offices at 801 E Broad Ave, #17 in Rockingham, NC. We also have offices in Charlotte and Rutherfordton. We can meet clients away from the office if they are too injured to come to us.
Contact a Rockingham slip and fall accident lawyer today
Slip and fall accidents are traumatic. You deserve compensation for what happened if your injury was caused by the negligent actions of a property owner. At Price, Petho & Associates, we are ready to help you today. Our goal is to investigate the incident and help you recover the compensation you need. This can include coverage of your medical expenses, pain and suffering damages, lost income, and more.